So, I named this blog after this guy I know. His name is Matthew Blake Atkinson. Actually if you’ve known me for more than ten minutes, you’ve probably heard the “My Name Is Matthew Blake Atkinson” story, but I’ll retell it here to get it on the record.
Once upon a time I was younger and athletic-er. My mom decided to give me a lesson in skateboarding safety, because prior to that point I’d shown zero interest in becoming a skate punk. She told me the sad tale of a young lad who wasn’t wearing a helmet. Dude fell off his board and hit his head so hard that he couldn’t remember his own name.
I thought that was the most ridiculous thing I’d ever heard. So, I did some speer-a-mintin. I ran through my living room, through the kitchen and hit my head as hard as I could on our dining room chairs. I then stood up straight, eyes open wide and said, “My name is Matthew Blake Atkinson.” Over and over again I repeated the test and over and over again I nailed it…my name was and is MatthewBlakeAtkinson. I never became a skater buoy, but maybe the head trauma I endured that day explains why I’m not quite right in the head.
No comments:
Post a Comment